We’re at the one week mark since the eSOAR switch was flipped. We’ve made excellent progress and are much further along toward our goal of full utilization. It’s a top organizational priority to invest in technology to improve clinical quality and the patient experience. Here’s an update of where we are now:
- The eSOAR Financial system had a glitch this morning, caused by the data center in Pennsylvania and affecting KSB and a few other Siemens systems. The service has been restored.
- Navigation and usage on OB has become more efficient and more reliable. The physicians continue to make strides toward full implementation.
- The printed schedules in Surgery are now configured correctly and provide an easily readable format. Patients are not being delayed and procedures are moving smoothly.
- A Training Session is scheduled for Tuesday for Directors to resolve daily charge errors in eSOAR.
- Linda Clemen is working on building and categorizing order sets to allow further efficiencies and promote safety.
- Some physician education resources and tutorials have been written and will be sent out as soon as they’ve been reviewed.
- IS Techs are increasing the resolution setting on the scanners, which will improve the image quality and legibility.
- Approximately 25% of the 2 million patient records have been imported into the new EDM. The import process is ongoing.
- We’ll have support and tech staff throughout the weekend, ready to assist with any issues that may arise.