Monday afternoon your Senior Leaders, Revenue Cycle Directors, Conrad Consulting and IT Leaders met to discuss how to accelerate improvement for our billing process.
Here’s a partial list of items covered:
- How much time to allow for payment of balances due
- How to improve the timeliness and accuracy of our billing
- How to gain positive results from our new statement that was rolled out within the last few weeks
- How to set expectations about the billing process with our patients at time of service
- Collection of co-pays
- Communicating with our business community
Julie Mann, Chief Administrative Officer and Tony Evers, Interim Chief Financial Officer, are coordinating our ongoing efforts.
I’m encouraged by the energy in the room and the plan that we continue to execute. In order to meet our organizational goals of sustainability we need to retain and grow market share, and an effective, patient-friendly billing process plays a huge role in that equation.