Extraordinary nurses at KSB Hospital will be honored in May with the DAISY Award, a national-based recognition program that honors nurses who demonstrate a commitment to clinical excellence and compassionate care. This award is part of the DAISY Foundation’s program to recognize the outstanding efforts of nurses everyday. We are proud to be a DAISY Award Hospital partner, recognizing one of our nurses with this special honor every six months.
Since beginning our partnership with the DAISY Foundation in 2013, the elite team of nurses selected include:
- Anita Dunphy, RN – Nursing Coordinator
- Sue Shippert, RN – Dr. Mathew’s Office
- Hilary Thomas, RN – Emergency Department
- Diana Speck, RN – Oregon Clinic
- Joni Adams, RN – Behavioral Health
- Jason Brusky, RN – Patient Navigator
Part of the international DAISY (Diseases Attacking the Immune System) Foundation, this award offers an opportunity to assign value to quality of care that is not easily quantified. The DAISY Award is a nationwide program established by the family of J. Patrick Barnes, who died of complications from the autoimmune disease Idiopathic Thrombocytopenia Purpura at the age of 33. During his eight week hospitalization, his family was so impressed by the care and compassion his nurse provided to not only Patrick, but his entire family. DAISY is an acronym for diseases attacking the immune system. The DAISY foundation partnered with the American Organization of Nurse Executives to provide this award nationally.
Patients, families, nurses, physicians, and employees are encouraged to nominate a deserving nurse who:
- Goes above and beyond to care for the needs of the patient and family
- Has a positive attitude and demonstrates professionalism
- Exemplifies the mission, vision, and values of KSB
- Is thoughtful, compassionate, and caring in all situations
- Is energetic and passionate about patient care
- Takes time to educate and include the patient and family during the care processNomination forms can be found with any nursing leader, on the OC, or nominate online at http://notesfromcno.com/daisy-award/daisy/
Nominations are due by April 1, 2016 and the winner will be announced during this years annual nurses week celebration in May.