A significant event happened this week in downtown Dixon. After being covered for over a quarter century, lettering proclaiming “Dixon National Bank” was unveiled once again. Dixon National Bank was purchased by Amcore in 1992 and new signage was placed, covering the name. Amcore was subsequently acquired by Midland States Bank in 2010. KSB Hospital purchased the building in 2017 and immediately renamed the facility The Lovett Center.
The historic corner building opened as Dixon National Bank in 1914 and was purchased by H.O. Lovett and his son, Donald R. Lovett, about 70 years ago.
New signage will appear at the Lovett Center over the next few weeks, however, the Dixon National Bank lettering is here to stay.