How many of you believe you will die? Someone said the only things certain are death and taxes. If you live in Illinois, I’m pretty sure you’re getting more taxes.
I’m also pretty sure you will die.
The one thing that keeps the questions interesting is when.
I had the opportunity recently to hear Ben Nemtin, New York Times bestselling author and creative influence behind the MTV series The Buried Life, tell his experience over the last ten years as he attempts to check off 100 items from his bucket list, all while helping others achieve their dreams. You can see a short video on Ben by clicking here.
The premise of Ben’s work is the headline to this post. What do you want to do before you die? I have put together my list, currently at 61 items and growing. I’ll share some of mine if you share some of yours.
Here’s a sampler:
2. Reach out to high school classmates and coaches
6. Impact Dixon through gifts of time and treasure with quarterly action
15. Write/Log what I am grateful for every day for three months
19. Discover and perform one random act of kindness every day for three months
23. Go to a Final Four
45. Live in a foreign country for three months
54. Give a commencement speech
There you have it. Your turn. Inspire yourself by inspiring others, and who knows, by putting a few items from your list out there in public, it might motivate you to make faster progress towards checking off a bucket list item.
I look forward to your replies in the comments section of this blog. There just might be a KSB goodie package to a random participant.